Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Behold! The Enemy of All Mini-Kind

Recently, I've gotten into painting miniatures again. While I have loved minis since a very young age, I do go through periods where I don't feel like painting them. Oh, I'll buy them. Then they'll sit in a box while I wish very, very hard for them to paint themselves, or "Why can't I get these pre-painted", which all leads to the fact that I'm too damned cheap to pay someone to paint them for me.

Well, like I said already: Recently, I've gotten into painting miniatures again... And I will be happy to show my terrible painting skills off soon, but in the meantime I would like to show you some photos depicting one of the greatest threats to minis and mini supplies out there.

Many of you can feel the dread because you already know what I'm talking about...

What am I talking about?

What.

CATS.

Behold their frightening power... the way they move around a modelling workspace with such predatory grace. They are also REALLY VERY TOTALLY curious... of anything breakable, natch.


Ooooooo!

The way they poke around and then, when you catch them in the act, they just... they just...

Whaaaaaat...

They just look at you.


But then, how can we get mad at them, like, ever?

They blur before they pounce.

They're SO CUTE. Gah, I can't stand it.

Also, you'll be pleased to know that Luna also bats at me to get my attention when I'm writing. It's just adorable. She's very distracting and fuzzy, you know.

Incidentally, my lovely girlfriend also does her art things right next to me. It's probably sickeningly sweet, with her drawing and me painting. Awww, nerd love. But, more importantly, she is vastly more talented than I at Art. I will show off some of her Art soon here in Ze Blog.

2 comments:

Templar said...

you're not wrong. i once had an epic disaster as a cat tried to jump up on my work table while i was painting... he knocked over the paint... which made me yell in shock and surprise... which made him panic... and then Yakkity Sax started playing in the background as anti-hilarity ensued.

12 repainted minis, a carpet cleaner rental, repainting the wall of the apartment, scraping the table and chair with a paint removal knife thingy, and few showers later... i was still not laughing.

my cat actually is afraid of the smell of paint and primer now... he won't go near me (5 years later) when i'm sitting at the table, painting.

Steve Saunders said...

I remember when you told me about that a few years back, man. Horrifying... just... horrifying.