Monday, January 23, 2012

Pimpstarter: Flying Fortress Volume 1

Here's a feature I'd like to do regularly: Showcase neat things to back through Kickstarter. I'll call it... "Pimpstarter", which feeds into my my nearly psychotic need to be funny, as well as making a terrible play on words.

Now, if you don't know what Kickstarter is, you may need to sit down, take a deep breath, and muse about what century you live in.

Oh, I kid, I kid. I'll forgive you if you don't know. The best place to get all the info you need is the Kickstarter website. But, in a nutshell, Kickstarter allows for people to pitch in pledges of money in order to fund a project. If the project meets its funding goal, the people who pledged are charged (through Amazon Payments) the amount they pledged. There are rewards for different amounts pledged, varying in coolness, type and-- no doubt-- size.

Anyway.

I would like to recommend you throw money-pledges towards Flying Fortress Volume 1.

What is it? A weird war WWII comic book. However, it's best that the creators tell you (from the Kickstarter site):

"It's 1943 and a top World War Two B-17 Bomber crew is given a secret mission to destroy Hitler’s Eagles Nest compound in the German Black Forest. Unimaginable terrors await them as the operation unravels and the crew discovers a hidden land of medieval knights and undead monsters dislodged in time..."


Yup. Pretty similar to something I would come up with. Certainly something I'd love to read.

Image from the Flying Fortress Kickstarter site

And pledging can get you all kinds of cool stuff, yeah, like a neat-o polyvinyl replica bomber jacket. But what you are REALLY doing it for is to see the creators get this baby off the ground.

See what I did there? Well, the point still stands, dammit. Check it out, pledge 'em your hard earned money and help get this project funded. Also: It's a weird war comic for gawd's sake.

WE ALWAYS NEED MORE WEIRD WAR COMICS.

It's allcaps like that.

As it should be.

--

Questions? Comments? Leave a comment, then, or drop me a goddamned email.

No comments: